Descendants of David (Sr.) Kerr
Generation No. 1
1. DAVID (SR.)1 KERR was born July 15, 1831 in Scotland, and died 1896 in Dodge County, Minnesota, U.S.A. He married GRACE GRAY November 25, 1857. She was born November 24, 1835 in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A, and died November 20, 1911 in DodgeCenter, Minnesota, U.S.A.
Notes for DAVID (SR.) KERR:
- 1859 , ( April) Moved to Minnesota (census)
- 1860, Living in Hartland, Freeman County, Minnesota (census)
- 1870, City of Ripley, Dodge County, Minnesota (census Page 749. line9)
He is Listed as 35 years Old.
He owned 90 acres of land valued at $100, he had $60 worth of implements, 7 cattle and 2 swine. Value of all livestock was $245. His friends were planted with wheat, corn and oats (Page 931, line 10)
More About GRACE GRAY:
Cause of Death: Clarihae dysentary and chronic cholieystitus.
Children of DAVID KERR and GRACE GRAY are:
i. MARY2 KERR, b. 1858, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
2. ii. BETHIA GRACE KERR, b. 1860, Minnesota, U.S.A; d. February 15, 1950, Buckley, Washington, U.S.A.
3. iii. JOHN MARCUS KERR, b. 1862, Minnesota, U.S.A; d. 1942, Namao, Alberta, Canada.
iv. MINNIE KERR, b. 1868, Minnesota, U.S.A.
v. ANNE KERR, b. October 14, 1869, Minnesota, U.S.A; d. September 17, 1901, Minnesota, U.S.A.
Notes for ANNE KERR:
- Never attended school, could not read or write.
vi. MARTHA KERR, b. 1872, Minnesota, U.S.A.
4. vii. DAVID WILLIAM KERR, b. 1874, Dodge County, Minnesota, U.S.A; d. 1949, Cass Lake, Cass County, Minnesota, U.S.A.
viii. ISABELLA KERR, b. 1877, Minnesota, U.S.A; d. May 05, 1903, DodgeCenter, Minnesota, U.S.A.
Generation No. 2
2. BETHIA GRACE2 KERR (DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1860 in Minnesota, U.S.A, and died February 15, 1950 in Buckley, Washington, U.S.A. She married (1) DEBOYD. She married (2) NEIL TROLSON.
Children of BETHIA KERR and NEIL TROLSON are:
i. DAVID3 TROLSON.
5. ii. GEORGE TROLSON.
iii. ED TROLSON.
iv. ROY TROLSON, d. 1990.
6. v. LAURA TROLSON, d. 1958.
vi. GRACE TROLSON.
3. JOHN MARCUS2 KERR (DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1862 in Minnesota, U.S.A, and died 1942 in Namao, Alberta, Canada. He married MYRA THORP(E) 1894 in La Grace, South Dakota, U.S.A., daughter of ALBERT THORP(E) and MARY POWERS. She was born 1871 in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, U.S.A, and died 1966 in Pentictan, B.C, Canada.
Notes for JOHN MARCUS KERR:
- 1895 , Minnesota (Census)
-1898, The history of the John and David Kerr Family
Early one bright October morning in 1898 a company of six left Flint, Campbell County, South Dakota headed for Canada. They were John and Myra Kerr, their two children, James and Isabell, and Johns brother David Jr. and his wife Amelia (Millie). They hitched their team to a prarie schooner and set out for Canada. They soon crossed into North Dakota and slowly made their way through Bismark on the Missouri River and Minot on the Mouse River. After several days they reached Portal on the Canadian border. Once there, John Kerr sent Myra and the rest of the family on by passenger train, while he took the house hold supplies, furniture and livestock by freight.
John and Myra's first home was twelve miles north of Edmonton in the Sturgeon district on a farm that they rented from M. Mckinley. The following year, 1899, they settled on a homestead four miles Southwest of the Sturgeon Presbyterian church, now the Namao church. Alvin, Pearl and Elvina were all born on the homestead by a mid-wife named Jennie Calahoo. In 1942 John Kerr passed away on the land he homesteads. Myra resided with Elvina and her husband since 1956. Although she is totally blind, she otherwise has good health and loves reminisce of the old days on the homestead and of her many friends in the Namao district. Both were buried in the Namao cemetery.
- 1900, Northwest Territory (census)
- 1910, Northwest Territory (census)
- in these three census there is mention of a (Willie) William Jones in the household and stated as a family member.
Children of JOHN KERR and MYRA THORP(E) are:
i. JAMES ROBERT3 KERR, b. 1895, South Dakota, U.S.A; d. 1965, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; m. EMMA MEAGHER.
Notes for JAMES ROBERT KERR:
-James, the eldest of John and Myra's children left home at the age of 15 and joined a company surveying the Edmonton Dunvegan Railroad. When world war1 broke out, James joined the American Army and was stationed for several years in Hawaii. James also married a lady from there and had a child. James also served in world war 2.
7. ii. ISABELL VIOLET ELLA KERR, b. 1897, Mound City, South Dakota, U.S.A; d. September 07, 1994, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada.
8. iii. ALVIN ROGER KERR, b. 1900, St.Albert, Alberta, Canada; d. August 03, 1999, Tacoma, Washington, U.S.A.
iv. PEARL ANNE KERR, b. 1903, Namao, Alberta, Canada; d. November 04, 1957, Namao, Alberta, Canada; m. HOWARD LATIMER.
9. v. LAVINA LOUISE KERR, b. 1906.
4. DAVID WILLIAM2 KERR (DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1874 in Dodge County, Minnesota, U.S.A, and died 1949 in Cass Lake, Cass County, Minnesota, U.S.A. He married (1) AMELIA. He married (2) LILLIAN WALLACE November 1920. She was born February 24, 1886 in Tennessee, and died 1971 in Bemidji, Minnesota, U.S.A..
Notes for DAVID WILLIAM KERR:
- 1895, Minnesota (census)
-1898, Lived with John and Myra in the Sturgeon district for a short time before moving to the Camrose area. David and Amelia eventual divorced and David returned to the states to remarry. Amelia and the children stayed in the Edmonton area, Winnifred and her husband lived in Edmonton with their daughter Jean, Neil, lives with his wife Sophie and six children in the Stoney Plain area. Ester and her husband became missionaries in China for 38 years, their children are living in the Regina area.
- 1920 Bemidji, Minnesota. (census)
More About DAVID WILLIAM KERR:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery
More About LILLIAN WALLACE:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery
Children of DAVID KERR and AMELIA are:
10. i. ESTER3 KERR, b. October 1898, Canada.
ii. NEIL KERR.
11. iii. WINNIFRED KERR, b. 1900, Canada.
Children of DAVID KERR and LILLIAN WALLACE are:
12. iv. BERTHA IRENE3 KERR, b. 1921.
13. v. FRANCIS WILLIAM KERR, b. 1923.
14. vi. RAYMOND CLIFFORD KERR, b. 1925.
15. vii. PEARL HAZEL KERR, b. 1929.
Generation No. 3
5. GEORGE3 TROLSON (BETHIA GRACE2 KERR, DAVID (SR.)1) He married CHARLOTTE. She was born 1886, and died 1945.
Children of GEORGE TROLSON and CHARLOTTE are:
i. ROGER4 TROLSON.
ii. EVERETT TROLSON, b. 1908.
6. LAURA3 TROLSON (BETHIA GRACE2 KERR, DAVID (SR.)1) died 1958. She married PALMER.
Child of LAURA TROLSON and PALMER is:
i. R. MERLE4 PALMER.
7. ISABELL VIOLET ELLA3 KERR (JOHN MARCUS2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1897 in Mound City, South Dakota, U.S.A, and died September 07, 1994 in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada. She married JAMES ROY CHAPMAN March 28, 1916 in Namao, Alberta, Canada. He was born September 27, 1891 in Rawleigh, Ontario, Canada, and died September 11, 1991 in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
Children of ISABELL KERR and JAMES CHAPMAN are:
i. MYRA4 CHAPMAN.
ii. RUTH CHAPMAN.
iii. ROY CLARENCE CHAPMAN.
iv. VERNON CHAPMAN.
8. ALVIN ROGER3 KERR (JOHN MARCUS2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1900 in St.Albert, Alberta, Canada, and died August 03, 1999 in Tacoma, Washington, U.S.A. He married ELIABETH BLANCH HOURIE 1949. She was born 1910 in Rosecrea, Tiparay, Ireland..
Notes for ALVIN ROGER KERR:
Alvin Kerr was born in a sod house on a farm near St. Albert, Alberta. His parents emigrated there in 1896 from Minnesota to take advantage of free farm land and owned 640 acre farm. In the early 1920's he moved to Los Angeles, but within a few months moved back to Alberta and worked on the family farm. He married a widow, Estelle Albert Zoines, who a child named Eddie. Shortly after Alvin discovered coal on the farm and began his first mine. In the 1930's he worked as a prospector and mining superintendent for Canadian Mining and Smelting in the Northwest Territories. His marriage dissolved and after coming out of the far north in the early 1940's, he married Elizabeth Blanch Hourie. They had two children and then moved to Olympia Washington , having two more children, one of which was still born. Alvin built many houses in the Tacoma area, and became a union plumber and continued that work until the mid 1960's,when he went mining in Montana, Nevada and Mexico. He resided in Mexico almost full time since 1973, and put together several mining deals there including a large placer operation in Cosola. In 1983 he authored a book , ( THE LAND OF PALE BLUE SNOW ) which was published in Canada. He retired from active mining in 1987, and two years later his second marriage dissolved. In 1989, he traveled by dug out canoe to a remote black sand island ladened with gold on a river in Panama hoping to strike it rich. In 1996, he traveled to Turkey with a friend, in 1997 moved to Mazatlan . He was well known in Mazatlan and had three articles published about him in the Mazatlan newspapers. The American Consul believed he was the oldest living " ex-pat" residing in Mexico
Children of ALVIN KERR and ELIABETH HOURIE are:
16. i. DOUG LAWRENCE4 KERR, b. 1943, Kimberly, B.C, Canada.
17. ii. JOHN COLIN KERR, b. April 04, 1944, Kimberly, B.C, Canada.
18. iii. KAREN LEE KERR, b. 1949, Olympia, Washington, U.S.A.
9. LAVINA LOUISE3 KERR (JOHN MARCUS2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1906. She married (1) PERCY GILBERT. He died 1942. She married (2) NORMAN DUNCAN.
Child of LAVINA KERR and PERCY GILBERT is:
i. RETA4 ALICE, b. 1936.
Child of LAVINA KERR and NORMAN DUNCAN is:
ii. NORMA GAYLE4 DUNCAN, b. 1947.
10. ESTER3 KERR (DAVID WILLIAM2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born October 1898 in Canada. She married ROBERT PATTERSON.
Child of ESTER KERR and ROBERT PATTERSON is:
i. KAY4 PATTERSON.
11. WINNIFRED3 KERR (DAVID WILLIAM2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1900 in Canada. She married W HASSEN.
Child of WINNIFRED KERR and W HASSEN is:
i. JEAN HASSEN4 HASSEN.
12. BERTHA IRENE3 KERR (DAVID WILLIAM2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1921. She married GEORGE D. FOSTER. He was born 1917.
Children of BERTHA KERR and GEORGE FOSTER are:
i. DAVID DEROY4 FOSTER, b. 1944.
ii. KARL WAYNE FOSTER, b. 1948.
iii. MAYNARD GEORGE FOSTER, b. 1952.
iv. SANDRA LEE FOSTER, b. 1953.
v. ROBIN RAY FOSTER, b. 1960.
13. FRANCIS WILLIAM3 KERR (DAVID WILLIAM2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1923. He married VIOLET SPRAGUE.
Children of FRANCIS KERR and VIOLET SPRAGUE are:
i. MARNY4 KERR, b. 1945.
ii. DEVIN KERR, b. 1947.
14. RAYMOND CLIFFORD3 KERR (DAVID WILLIAM2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1925. He married MILDRED.
Children of RAYMOND KERR and MILDRED are:
i. CHARLENE4 KERR.
ii. SHARON KERR.
iii. RONALD KERR.
iv. COLLEEN KERR.
15. PEARL HAZEL3 KERR (DAVID WILLIAM2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1929. She married ORVILLE BISSON.
Children of PEARL KERR and ORVILLE BISSON are:
i. VICTOR4 BISSON.
ii. BONNIE BISSON.
iii. DEBORAH BISSON.
iv. JILL BISSON.
v. JENNIFER BISSON.
Generation No. 4
16. DOUG LAWRENCE4 KERR (ALVIN ROGER3, JOHN MARCUS2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1943 in Kimberly, B.C, Canada. He married (1) CANDACE LOUISE POLLOCK September 14, 1963. She was born September 21, 1944 in Tacoma, Washington, U.S.A. He married (2) VILLA LEE BROWN BEVILL August 10, 1985. She was born November 08, 1943 in Madison, Kentucky.
Children of DOUG KERR and CANDACE POLLOCK are:
i. MICHAEL JOHN5 KERR, b. 1964.
ii. KATHLEEN LOUISE KERR, b. 1967.
17. JOHN COLIN4 KERR (ALVIN ROGER3, JOHN MARCUS2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born April 04, 1944 in Kimberly, B.C, Canada. He married MARGRET HANDRAN. She was born 1946.
Children of JOHN KERR and MARGRET HANDRAN are:
i. KIMBERLY MARIE5 KERR, b. 1964.
ii. STEWART MATHEW KERR, b. 1966.
iii. SHAWN COLIN KERR, b. 1967.
18. KAREN LEE4 KERR (ALVIN ROGER3, JOHN MARCUS2, DAVID (SR.)1) was born 1949 in Olympia, Washington, U.S.A. She married RAYMOND ALBERT MOREAU December in 1967. He was born 1945.
Children of KAREN KERR and RAYMOND MOREAU are:
i. ERIC RAYMOND5 MOREAU, b. 1969.
ii. ARON JOSHUA MOREAU, b. 1970.
iii. NATHAN ALEXANDER MOREAU, b. 1972.
iv. ELIZABETH RENE MOREAU, b. 1980.